Thursday, October 27, 2011

The West Point Museum by Daphne

My landmark is the West Point Museum in West Point, New York. This landmark is important to me because my ancestors have parts dedicated to them, and it is near where my mother was born. I have made the outline of the building with the thin nib and I plan to make the all the lines facing left outlined in the broad nib to make it look shaded. I will also draw on little thin lines for texture. I like working with the ink because it makes less friction with the paper and makes making straight lines easier.

This is my completed painting. My favorite part of the painting is the sky. I like how it there are a lot of lighter and darker spots. I also like the shading with the ink. It turned out a lot better than I expected.

11 comments:

  1. I love the landmark you have chosen and the amount of detail you have contributed. The perspective is really interesting, adding depth into the piece. Very nice, Daphne(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how neat it is and how you paid so much attention to detail. The way you drew it made it look like you were right in front of it. Good Jon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like its a really beautiful old building which i think your picture captures very well. you did a really good job on the windows and the archtechture(thats not how you spell it but i hope you know what i meant).Anyhoo ican't wait to see it all finished! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cool. i love the detail with the ink. really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really good! I love how you used the whole space. I cant wait to see the end product. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I REALLY like your drawing. I love how you added so much textural detail. It looks really nice so far, i can't wait to see the finished product. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You inked this really well with a lot of detail and it's clear to tell what the landmark is. I also like this landmark it looks really cool and i think it will come out really nicely when you paint it. Good job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! the building is all in proportion and very realistic. It is very neat and I love the detail and the shadows. Great job! -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey i love your piece it is so cool and a creative idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks really good. It looks really realistic and pretty! The details are really great. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DAFFODIL!!! I LOVE YOUR SKETCH OF THE PAINTING!! I bet that it is going to turn out AMAZING and I think that you are a really talented artist.

    ReplyDelete