My landmark is the Statue of Liberty, outside of Manhattan in NYC. It is located on an island outside of the city, and is an important symbol of freedom and liberty in America. This landmark is important to me because my grandfather was an immigrant from the former Czechoslovakia. I used a thin point for most of the details in the drawing. I used a broader tip for the dark shadows and the door on the balcony. I will be using gray watercolors for the clouds in the background, and I want to finish the shadows in the base of the statue with a thick nib. I liked working with the ink because it is a medium that I usually don't get to use.
My favorite part
of this finished painting is the head and face of the statue because the shadows
look very interesting. I also think that the shading and the colors of
the skirt on the toga look realistic. I used a lot of water to make thin
washes that make up the color and I built on them after each layer
dried.
Hi:) I love your picture. I think the statue of Liberty is really neat and would have never thought to draw it!!! I love how it is just of the statue so you can really focus on it and how detailed it is, you did a really good job using the ink. My favorite part is the face because of the shadows!!!! Great Job:)
ReplyDeleteLucy, your drawing looks sooo good. It looks sooo realistic. Your inking job is super good and really neat. I can't wait to see it water colored. Great job!
ReplyDeleteHEY!! I LOVE your picture. I love the strong detail in the statue and how accurate yours is. I know that the Statue of Liberty is a teal color so I'm really excited to see the watercolor. Great job!!! :) -Ali
ReplyDeleteHII I LOVE THE DETAIL ;) it is so pretty and really well done i can tell that you spent alot of time on it :)
ReplyDeleteYour inking came out so well and everything is so neat and realistic. I especially love the way you added lines to show the texture of the cloth draping down on her. Great job, you obviously worked really hard on this and it came out amazing.
ReplyDeleteI really like the landmark you chose and the amount of detail and effort you contributed. By the inking, you can tell that your art piece isn't flat and has clean, accurate outlining. You created shading and values that enhance the work itself. You used the space pretty well too. Cannot wait until it is completed! Awesome, Lucy!(:
ReplyDeleteI love your picture! i really like how you used the ink too make like shadows from the eyes and the base of the statue. THe picture also looks really realistic. Your picture is really really good! Good Job Lucy!
ReplyDeleteLucy, I love your picture you did it so well, clean, and very neat with the inking. I can tell you put all your effort into it. Great Job
ReplyDeleteReally good. I really like the shadowing and how you can really tell what you are drawing.
ReplyDeleteamazing! your ink job is so good. lots of detail!
ReplyDeleteThis is AMAZING! I love how you put so much detail into it. It makes you feel like you're there looking at the Statue of Liberty. Good Job! :D
ReplyDeletewow. wow. AMAZING! I love the shading on the face and the fabricy look on the dress! GREAT JOB :D!
ReplyDeleteThis is so good! I like how you added shadows; it made it look more realistic! and its really neat and the inking is very good and neat. Good Job :)
ReplyDelete