This is Hendrick's Head Lighthouse in Southport Island, ME. This is important to me and my family because when I sail in the summer everyday, I pass by this lighthouse every time I am on the water. My work is split in panels because the original picture is very detailed and I wanted to work on the most important parts. I am going to ink on the contour of each panel, but not the actual lines that split the paper into panels. I am not drawing every detail because the watercolor will contain most of the detail and color. I like working with ink because it makes the piece cleaner.
This is my finished painting of Hendrick's Head Lighthouse on Southport Island, Maine. I think I did well on my piece. I altered the colors from the original picture a little bit. I think my piece is cool because I did it differently. I made my piece into 4 panels so I can capture each part of the lighthouse. I like the pop of colors of the roof on the building and the happy, relaxed colors I used in my panels. My colors compliment each other and work very well. I kept my ink simple so I can use a lot of nice color. I am pretty proud of my piece.
Hey=) I love your light house! You used the page very nicely and you did a very good job showing all the dimensions of the house. I love how carefully you outlined it with and I know you spent a lot of time on it. It kind of reminds me of mine which is cool!!! Great Job=)
ReplyDeleteHi Ali, your light house looks really, really good. I really like your strong use of detail. You ink lines are very nice and clean and I can not wait to see your finished product!
ReplyDeleteHEYYYYYYY i really like your ink work, and the fact that you chose to do panels i also like the detail that you used for each panel :) peace
ReplyDeleteThis is a really good beginning for your picture because there is a really nice layout and your inking strokes are very neat. Also, the landmark you chose is going to look really good with the water colors when you paint it. Cant wait to see it, it looks really good so far.
ReplyDeleteI think you used the ink as a clean and clear outline of the main piece of your watercolor painting. I love the photograph you are modeling this after. I really like the idea of panels to distinguish important parts of the house itself. Love it!(:
ReplyDeleteAli, I love your picture. You inked it so clean and neat. Great Job :)
ReplyDeleteWow this is really really good. I love how everything is so neatly drawn and perfect looking! Its so good.Its ats also really cool that you have three different picture of your landmark in your picture. I love your picture its so pretty! Great Job Ali!
ReplyDeleteSOO GOOD!! I love your lighthouse!! Are you going to ink the lighthouse or no?? I think that either way, it would look really good!! I think that you are off to an amazing start and I can't wait to see how it turns out!!
ReplyDeletehi ali. i really like your idea of doing three different perspectives!!! it looks so cool !!
ReplyDeleteThis is AMAZING! I love the lines and the perspective on the house and everything is drawn really neatly and it looks like you put a lot of work into it!!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteThis is really good. I like how you're doing 3 different perspectives. The inking was done really well. Good job. :D
ReplyDeleteHi! I love how you used up the entire page and how neatly you inked it! Good job
ReplyDeleteThis is so good! I like how you used the whole page and showed different angles. It's really neat and I can tell you payed a lot of attention to detail. Good Job! :)
ReplyDeletehi! it looks like a really sweet place, and you capture the demensions of the house really well. i can't wait to see it all finished. good job! :)
ReplyDelete