Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Western Wall by Tara

The Western Wall Jerusalem, Israel 
This landmark is important to me and my family because we are very religious and this is a big part of Jewish history. We visit the western wall usually once a year every time we travel to Israel. This picture of my landmark is only half-complete. I have not yet finished inking the silhouettes of the men praying in front of the wall. I plan to fill the items in front of the wall in with black, so the main focus is on the wall. I will paint the wall with a creme color like in the picture, and add color to show texture. I am going to try and enhance the authenticity of my watercolor but continuing to draw the lines uneven, because the tiles in the wall are not all exactly parallel and perfect to each other. I enjoyed working with the ink; it was a new experience and i think it will be helpful to use in future artwork of mine. 


In my painting of the western wall, I think I blended the colors in the wall and the tiled floor well but it was really hard to show the texture. During the process of painting this is, I spilled ink on my page and there is a mark left over, but it is not that noticeable and  I also think I did a good job with covering it. I could have fixed the dirt and mold that I painted in the cracks in between the tiles because it is not really clear what they are. Also, I should have drawn something else as a silhouette in front of the wall. Overall, it was really fun to work on this project and I am satisfied with my painting.

14 comments:

  1. I think you used the space you had really well. You have a great example of creative and interesting perspective. You used a fine ink pen to distinguish little objects like the table. Nicely done, Tara!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi. i love how you covered your picture so well and how you used the space. you used the ink really well, with thin fine lines. my favorite part is how it is so simple and then a few little pieces stand out!!!! Great Job:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the landmark you chose was very creative. You inked it very clean and neat. Good Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really good! I like how the picture shows proportion and I love how it is basic yet like really cool. The original picture was also a good decision. Good Job Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how the tile on the wall is different from the tile on the ground it is really cool how you did that. I also like the people that are walking around it is really cool :) nice job TORO!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara your drawing looks really good! I really like how you drew it, it really looks like it is 3D! I love the simplicity of it and your lines are very clean. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really good!! I went to the western wall, and this really looks like this picture. You did it really well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so good!! the people look so realistic!!! but i can definitely see the resemblance to the real western wall!! amazing drawing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Tara!!! I like the way the stones on the ground are made with perspective and it looks like you can just walk right into it! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really good! It looks like your standing right in front of it. And the people really show how big the wall is compared to the people's size. Nice Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this picture. I really like how you can tell that there is a wall because of the way you drew it. It's really good. Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! The landmark is very cool and I love how the picture is so detailed! I love the little people :)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! The detail in your piece is so good. I also love the people and the perspective. I can't wait to see the watercolor!! Great job Tara!!!! -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  14. you definatly put alot of time into this picure; with all the lines and everything. you placed the people very well. it looks really good! and i can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete