Thursday, October 20, 2011

Newport Beach by Joanne


     My landmark for the project is Newport Beach, in California. This beach is located near where my dad used to live and used to go to college UCLA.  This is important to me because every summer or break from school we always do Newport Beach with my cousins and always have fun. I don't think that Newport Beach is that important to California but it is important to my family and I because we always go there during the summer or whenever we have time. I used the thin point ink pen to make the lines for the ocean waves and the skinny poles on the railing of the boarder. Also I used the thick ink pen to do the bridge and the lines on the bottom and the poles that hold the bridge up. I enjoyed using the ink because it was my first time using it and it was very fun to use a new tool instead of just a pencil and eraser.

       I think that I did well with matching the colors because they come together nicely. Also I think that I did pretty well on the inking but I could of done it a little neater with the X's on the bottom of the boardwalk. I think that while I was doing inking I could of also done a neater job on the railing and poles on the boardwalk.My favorite part of the painting is the water because there are three different colors and they look so clean and they are so vibrant so that stands out to me the most.


14 comments:

  1. Hi:) I love how you used the whole page and showed all the details in your picture. I like how you used your ink and did not overdue it. It is simple but very complicated if looked at closely. I really like your drawing. It is really cool and I love the picture that you picked, especially the sunset:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the bridge is very even. Good job! :) I also like how it runs off the page. I see the colors in the original picture and they look really nice! I can't wait to see the watercolor! -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanne, you project looks really wonderful. I really like your use of straight lines. I also think your ink job is very nice and clean. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nia: I really like your attention to detail. It is simple but very important and it is like a symbol. Very Good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne,
    I like how your inking came out very neat and the gate is very realistic looking and obviously you spent time drawing the texture. I think the sunset will look very nice once you paint it with the water color. It looks really good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the ink made your work very clean and precise. I love the photograph you are using as a model and the detail you have contributed to your art piece. Love it, Joanne(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love how you inked the picture so nicely and I love how the picture in general i think the colors in the original picture is really pretty too. That wold be really fun to paint!. Good Job Joanne! I love your picture! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the lines cross each other... that makes it have a very cool effect. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your ink job is so good and i love this crossing lines underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HIII!! I love the lines in your picture! They are very crisp and neat. I think it will look really cool when it's done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your bridge :) it is very detailed and i can that you worked really hard the inking looks really good so far ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO good Joanne. I like how the lines are so neatly inked. The bridge looks really nice. :D Good Job. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your picture is really neat and simple. I like how you don't really see where it starts or ends, which gives you the impression that it's very long. the inking is also really good. Good Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi! you did a really good job on the lines and neatness. i also really like the perspective how it shows how long the dock is. its good and i like it alot! :)

    ReplyDelete