Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New York View by Emma

The name of my piece is the New York View. This landmark is important to me because I love the City, and some of my family lives there. I applied the ink to the buildings in my painting because it will make them stand out in the horizon. To enhance my painting, I have to start watercolor painting the sun set sky and the water. I enjoyed working with the ink because it was really cool to use the calligraphy pens and it was fun to color in the buildings.

The thing I love most about my "New York View" is the sunset. I love the different colors I used. I think i made it look really cool. The only thing that I wish was different about the sky is that the colors blended in a little bit more, that there weren't that many lines. I tried to blend them in but they turned into muddy brown colors; it looked really bad. I also wish that the ocean turned out a little differently. It was really hard to get the right purple color I needed to make it look like the one in the picture, not because I wanted it to be the same, but because I really liked that color. The last thing I wish was different were the red light reflecting on the ocean. It was really hard to get it right but I tried my best. I really think that my ink job completes my painting. I am really proud of my work :).

15 comments:

  1. hi. I love your picture. the house really stand out because they are so dark and i love how you shaded the whole thing in with ink. my favorite part is how simply it is. I love it!!!!! Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. your picture is really good. It looks like a new york city skyline and its really like modern looking. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I really like your picture I think it is really neat that you colored all the buildings black so it looks really cool. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how your picture is very simple and how you colored in the buildings with the black ink, it makes them stand out and look really good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo goood!!!!!!!!!!! I really especially love how the city sky line is on a tilt, instead of being straight across. I also really like how you used the ink, it really makes the buildings looks dark and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project looks great! I love how it is on a slant it makes it look really cool and abstract. I really like your inking job! Great job and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg SO good <3 ily

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the detail in the skyline and how you drew the different structure of each building, and they all look different. Also, the perspective looks really nice; it looks like the real thing. Great job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I really like your picture! I like how the buildings are just silhouettes and it looks like it could be real :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the way you used the page and the ink. The dark buildings create an eye-grabbing piece. I love the landmark itself and the way you can incorporate color to catch the interesting view! Love it, Emma(:

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the inking! it look very safistacated yet simple at the same time. if that makes any sense? but i like it alot it grabs your eye!
    good job emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how it's simple, but the angle and the dark color of the ink makes it look complex. Good Job!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your picture so far. I love how buildings get smaller as they move to the left. Good job :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how you left plenty of room for water and how the stand out so much. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HEY!! I LOVE the simpleness of the buildings and how perfect it is. It is so neat. It looks so simple, I can't wait to see the watercolor!! I also love how the horizon is slanted to give a really cool perspective. Good job!! -Ali

    ReplyDelete