Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Latvian Freedom Monument by Daria



My landmark for the project is the Freedom Statue in Riga, Latvia. This statue represents my family's ancestral life and the history of my heritage. I plan to outline my drawing with fine ink strokes. To enhance my work, I can think about the perspective of the photograph, and the color scheme used. While using the ink, I liked how the tips can create fine, flowing lines that enhance the art piece.




What I think I did well in this watercolor painting is the way I used to water color to create dimension. The stars have a variety of colors and the sky has different shades to create clouds. I like how I left the body of the statue light and calm without much detail and only a clear outline. By having the stars and the concrete base full of strong color and detail, it shows the significance of the statue itself; the freedom and liberty of Latvia.

14 comments:

  1. hi. I love your picture. it is really cool because i would have never thought to draw that. i like how you made it so detailed and how you filled the page so well!!!! Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Daria :) i really like how your picture is like the statue of Liberty, but not the statue of liberty. Your drawing also looks a lot like the picture. Good Job Daria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Daria! I love your picture and you chose a very creative landmark and you drew it very clean. Love It Daria!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like what you chose to draw. It is very interesting, and your sketch is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project looks so amazing. It is really good and your lines are so neat. It looks super duper realistic. I cannot wait wait to see it all water colored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really good!!!!! I like how well you drew your lines and how you can really tell what your drawing is trying to express.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks just like the picture!! amazing job sketching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the proportions of your drawing are really good, the sizing of the landmark looks very realistic. This is an interesting landmark- I think it will come out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your drawing!! I like your sketch and I can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is really good! your sketch is so similar to the picture and you added so much detail. I can't wait to see the finished product! Good Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HEY DAR! I LOVE this picture so far. The sketch of the picture looks so much like your picture. I think you drew it very well :D GREAT JOB DARIA!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I love this picture because its so realistic! Its just like a big version of the picture! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI! your piece is SO accurate to the original picture! It looks great! I also love the colors in the picture so I can;t wait to see your watercolor!! Great job Daria! -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi! your picture is really very acurate to your photo. your photo is also really unique i dont' think alot of people did statues. i can't wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete