Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Beach by Sophie


             My landmark for the project is a beach in East Hampton, NY. This is a beach which I go to every summer and have a house there. So many memories have been created there. I still go there mostly every weekend through out the year. I plan to only use ink for my chair, towel and flip flops and only that. Also I plan to use water color for my sand, water, towel and chair. I will mostly use colors and mix them together and not just have solid color on my paper. I did kind of enjoy using ink but I did not like the messiness of it. 




            My favorite part of my painting by far is my sunset. I really like how my colors go together really well and they complement each other. The blue part which seems like ocean is actually sand. It is blue it is a reflection on the sand. It is very unique that it is blue and some people don't realize that it is sand but I like it like that. It makes my painting different. In my picture there were actually two chairs, no beach towel and no flip flops. I added those things in. I think it really makes my painting realistic. At first i was not happy with my painting but now i am very satisfied. Over all i am very proud of my painting. 

16 comments:

  1. hey sophie :) FIRST COMMENT WOO!! anyway, I really like your picture so far, the chair is so pretty and really well drawn. I hope the watercolor will add a lot of color and detail. It is really pretty. -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nia: This is a very sentimental picture I see the feeling in it and it's deep like really deep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie your picture looks amazing! Your drawings look very, very realistic. Your lines are very clean and I love the simplicity of your painting. Great job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like your chair i think your picture is very relaxing and has really good perspective

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think with the rea you had, you created a creative perspective. I love how most of the page is empty, yet you feel like its full of emotions and memories from your description above. Awesome,Sophie(:

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi. I love your picture. i think it is really cool how you choice to basically fill your whole space with the one chair. i also love how you showed so much detail in the chair. my favorite part are the flip flops:) Good Job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sophie, I really like your picture and you inked very neat and it is very clean. Good Job !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really good! It is very clean and neat! It is also drawn very perfectly. I think its going to turn out really well! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that this is really goood!! I like how it focuses in on the chair and it really make it seem intense and like cool. I really like how neat you made it. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soph, reallly cool. I love the chair and i love the beach and i love the whole drawing.!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how your chair is the main focus, it draws the attention to the detail of it and also, it is the center of the picture which makes it look nice. I think it will look really good when you paint watercolor on, the sunset will come out really nice. Great job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the chair a lot. It is an interesting angle to draw that kind of thing; it looks like there is somebody sitting and looking at a sunset. I can't wait to see it with watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really like it even though theres not much on the page yet, it still tells alot. the demensions and the inking of the chair is really well done. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how neat the chair is and how realistic it is. I also like the angle that you drew it. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even though it is just the chair so far, it looks REALLY nice. I love how you drew it so that the focus is on the chair. You drew it very realistically. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how ink makes the chair and other stuff in the foreground stand out more just like they would in real life :)! Its going to look even better with colors!

    ReplyDelete