Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Beach by Rebecca




My landmark for the project is Wildwood Beach in New Jersey. It is located in the part of the state that my family and I go to every summer. We have a beach house down there. My family and our family friends go down there and spend time together mostly every summer. I plan to outline my drawing with the fine ink strokes and water color it. I will add some textural effects with the water color paint to make the sand look more like they are different levels. While using the ink, I liked how the tips of the ink pens created such fine lines.



My favorite part of this painting was the color of the sand. I think i was able to portray the image of the beach better than i thought. I like how the sky looks like the clouds are layered. I think I chose my colors well. The water was not in a straight line and did not turn out how i wanted it to, but I think the dark blue bordering the water and the sky was made darker to show the difference. 














13 comments:

  1. It is really good!! I really like how you did the plant going into the beach, it really makes you feel like you are at the beach and looking at the nature in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beach looks so good. It looks very nice and realistic. I cant wait to see it painted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks so good! it reminds me of family, going down to the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really hard to draw a beach because of the different textures and you did it really well. I like how you added different things to the beach so it's not just sand and water. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I love your picture so far I like the perspective on the shell in the corner of the drawing. I think it will be really cool when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you used all the space and its really realistic. I think it'll look really good when you color it and outline it. GOod Job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey:) I love your picture. I love the sea shell and the sand dunes. I can't wait to see it with color. Great Job!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sketch so far it is looking really good!! i am excited to see the final product :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey beccs(: I really like the perspective you chose by having the shell be so close. With this piece, you can really include lots of detail. I love the scene and clean outlining you have made. Love it!(:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your drawing, its good! I like how you have the horizon line uneven, and it looks far away. Then you have the shell on the beach being so close, it looks very cool! Good Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I like how the shell and the grass and the hills gives it perpective! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your piece. I love the perspective of the beach and the little shell in the corner. I am thinking it is tropical. So I can't wait to see the watercolor!!! -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! i love the perspective you chose to draw it at, with the doons in the backround and the grass and shell up close. It has a very colming feeling to it. i can't wait to see the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete