Thursday, October 20, 2011

Anguilla by Kendall



               This is a picture of the beach that I go to in Anguilla. Anguilla is an island that my family and I go to, it is in the Caribbean. This island is very important to me because my family goes there almost every year. We have been there about five times. We love going there and it is very important to my family because we have been there so much, it is kind of like a second home to us. I applied the ink on my paper where I did, on the dark, bold, and important places. I did it on the palm tree leaves, the ocean horizon, and the buildings in the background. The buildings in the background is actually the buildings of my hotel, the Cuisinart. I have swam in that ocean about fifty times, and the leaves are the main focus of my picture, so I thought that those three things should be in ink because people will see those when they look at my painting. Also, the shadows, sky, beach, and water are lighter colors so they shouldn't be that dark. I think that really the next thing that I can do to my painting would be to paint it. I really liked working with ink because it was a brand new experience for me and I've always thought that ink is a very cool thing.

________________________________________________________________________

I am very proud of this turnout of this painting. My favorite part is the leaves, the ocean, the sand, and the clouds. I think that this really does look like the Anguilla, the island that I was trying. This painting turned out exactly how I wanted it to.

14 comments:

  1. Hey:) I love your picture because it is so simple. You filled up the picture with a big leaf which is really neat. I love how you used the ink to make all the lines in the tree. my favorite part is the house in the back. They are cute and it is a cool perspective!!!!! Great JOB:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nia: I think this is a very cool picture. I mean you have the leaf which seems simple but I know probably to a while. Plus it is a very neat and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendall your project looks sooooo cool!! I think the palm trees look very nice as well as really realistic. I cant wait to see it painted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! The leaves in your piece is really nice and detailed. From your original picture, the watercolor will be beautiful. I also love the perspective of the beach. Great job!! :) -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the leaf it is really cool, i also like the setting and the colors of the picture that you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you drew the buildings in the background, it gives it more detail and shows more perspective. Nice job with the leaves and the texture, it must have been really hard to draw all of the lines. Im excited to see how this comes out, your inking looks really good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you used the ink to create values and details within the palm leaves. The photograph is great and you are doing an amazing job modeling it. The large leaves and small buildings really create an excellent perspective. Great job, Kendall(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh hey kendall. happy birthday.amazing job!! love the ink detail i the leave at the top!! too cool !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I love your picture. I especially like the tiny buildings on the horizon. I think that they add a really nice touch.I also really like the texture of the palm leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you drew the leaves really big as the subject of the picture and put lots in the back. I also like how you filled up the whole page. I think it will look really really good when it has color on it. It looks a lot like the picture. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your picture. I love how the leave has a lot of textural detail. I also like how it is very neat. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your picture! I love the detail in the leaves. Good job! Its going to look great with watercolor :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how the leaves are in the front but don't distract from the rest of the picture. You can still look past it and see the background. It's simple which makes you pay attention to the leaves, so they're kind of connected. Good Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really like the perspective of the leaf to the buildings in the backround. it really makes me feel like i'm sitting under a cocoanut tree. i can't wait to see the colors you use! good job!

    ReplyDelete